Introduction to Lomo Saltado
Peruvian Lomo Saltado is a classic dish that has become a beloved part of the country’s culinary culture. This flavorful stir-fry combines beef, tomatoes, and onions with a unique blend of spices, soy sauce, and aji amarillo to create a delicious and savory dish. The combination of flavors creates a unique taste that is sure to please any palate.
Lomo Saltado is a great way to enjoy a traditional Peruvian dish in a quick and easy way. This dish can be served as a main course or as a side dish, and it is sure to be a hit at any dinner party. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make. Read on to learn more about this delicious dish and how to make it.
To make two servings of Lomo Saltado, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of aji amarillo (Peruvian yellow pepper paste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak strips and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the steak is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onion, and tomatoes to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and aji amarillo and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve the Lomo Saltado warm with rice or potatoes.
Tips for Perfect Results
For the best results, it is important to use the highest quality ingredients. Look for the freshest steak and vegetables you can find. Additionally, be sure to use a high-quality extra-virgin olive oil and a high-quality aji amarillo.
It is also important to cook the steak and vegetables over medium-high heat. This will ensure that the steak is browned and cooked through, and the vegetables are softened.
Lomo Saltado is best served warm with rice or potatoes. Additionally, it can be served with a side of steamed vegetables or a salad. It is also delicious served with a side of plantains or a fried egg.
Variations on the Recipe
There are many variations on the classic Lomo Saltado recipe. For a vegetarian version, replace the steak with firm tofu. For a vegan version, replace the steak with seitan or tempeh. Additionally, you can add additional vegetables such as bell peppers or zucchini.
Lomo Saltado is a healthy and nutritious dish. One serving contains approximately 400 calories and 25 grams of protein. Additionally, it is low in carbohydrates and is a good source of vitamins and minerals.
To wrap things up, Peruvian Lomo Saltado is a delicious and flavorful dish that is easy to make. With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of cooking time, you can create a delicious dish that is sure to please any palate. Plus, it is a healthy and nutritious dish that is sure to become a favorite in your household.