You can make a delicious breakfast or brunch skillet with ground beef, cheddar cheese, russet potato, and eggs. This breakfast or brunch skillet would be rich in flavor and very satisfying, with the combination of ground beef, cheddar cheese, russet potatoes, and eggs creating a hearty and savory dish that is perfect for starting off your day.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large russet potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the sliced potatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the potatoes until they are soft and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the potatoes and beef, cover the skillet with a lid, and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Crack the eggs over the cheese and potatoes. Cover the skillet again and cook until the eggs are set to your liking, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy your delicious and hearty beef, cheese, potato, and egg skillet!
Personalize your skillet
There are many variations and add-ons that you could use to customize this breakfast or brunch skillet recipe to your liking. Here are a few ideas:
- Spices: You could try adding different spices to the skillet to give it a different flavor profile. For example, cumin or chili powder could give it a Southwestern twist, while thyme or rosemary could make it more savory and rustic.
- Vegetables: You could add in some additional vegetables to the skillet to boost the nutrition and flavor. Red or green bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach would all be good choices.
- Toppings: Once the skillet is cooked and ready to serve, you could top it with some additional ingredients for added flavor and texture. Chopped fresh herbs like basil or cilantro would be nice, or you could add some sliced avocado or tomatoes for freshness.
- Heat: If you like your food on the spicy side, you could add in some diced jalapeños or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the skillet for extra kick.
Overall, this recipe is very versatile and can be customized in many different ways depending on your tastes and preferences.
Best sides to complete your skillet and make it a meal
This breakfast or brunch skillet with ground beef, cheddar cheese, russet potatoes, and eggs can be served with a variety of sides depending on your tastes and preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- Toast: This skillet would pair well with a slice of hearty, crusty bread or some soft buttered toast.
- Fresh fruit: To add some freshness and sweetness to the meal, you could serve the skillet with a side of fresh berries, sliced melon, or grapefruit.
- Salad: A light salad would be a nice contrast to the rich, savory flavors of the skillet. A simple side salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a tangy vinaigrette would be perfect.
- Avocado: Sliced avocado would add some creaminess and healthy fats to the meal. You could either serve it as a side or chop it up and sprinkle it over the top of the skillet.
- Hot sauce: If you like things spicy, you could serve the skillet with some hot sauce on the side for added heat and flavor.
Overall, this skillet is a filling and satisfying meal on its own, but you could pair it with any number of sides or condiments to make it a more well-rounded and complete meal.